Goals and Leadership
People are drawn to working within our companies because of the iconic brands and revolutionary products. They stay for the visionary, principled and passionate people they get to work with every day. RAI and its subsidiaries are focused on maintaining a caring and collaborative environment for our employees by delivering on the following goals:
- Cultivating our talent pipeline, ensuring we have the right talent, at the right time, in the right role;
- Maintaining a sustainable, high-performing and innovative talent base;
- Advancing employee well-being, ensuring that employees thrive so the company thrives;
- Continuing to drive high levels of employee engagement;
- Delivering excellent Human Resources’ services with the employee in mind, from design to delivery across all programs, processes and policies;
- Providing labor and employment guidance that balances the needs of the employee while balancing business risk; and
- Maintaining a safe work environment.
The executive vice president and chief human resources officer of RAI and RAI Services Company (RAISC) is ultimately responsible for driving our vision of being an employer of choice by delivering on strategies to acquire, develop and retain top talent.
In 2015, RAISC reorganized human resources (HR) into five Centers of Expertise (COEs) to mirror a consumer-centric organization, with the employees as our “consumers.” Through this reorganization, we are better able to meet employee expectations. The HR leadership team is composed of individuals from its five COEs: Organizational Effectiveness; HR Service Solutions; Workplace Practices; Rewards; and Talent Management.
RAI’s Board of Directors’ Compensation and Leadership Development Committee oversees and administers policies, programs, plans and arrangements for compensating the senior executive management of RAI and its subsidiaries, and oversees leadership talent development and succession planning for senior executive leadership positions of RAI and its subsidiaries.
Programs and Priorities
We know our companies succeed when our people thrive. Our policies and programs are designed to support employee growth and achievement. The personal and professional well-being of our employees is critical to their ongoing development and our commercial success.