Our foundation giving strategy aligns with the needs of the communities in which RAI and its subsidiaries operate. In addition to corporate and employee giving, RAI and its operating companies contribute to the community through three independent foundations. The foundations support hundreds of national and local organizations that benefit our communities.
The Reynolds American Foundation
The Reynolds American Foundation focuses its resources in communities where RAI companies’ employees live and work. Grants are awarded annually in the following areas:
- Public-school and community programs that prepare children (birth through grade 12) to enter school ready to learn, and programs that focus on improving academic performance of low-performing and economically disadvantaged students;
- Local campaigns ,including the United Way, that support the basic needs of people;
- Arts and culture programs that enhance quality of life, following the legacy of Richard Joshua and Katharine Reynolds; and
- Programs to encourage employee volunteerism and philanthropy through the Foundation’s Matching-Grants Program.
The American Snuff Company Charitable trust
The American Snuff Company Charitable Trust spreads its financial support across a broad range of organizations that have a demonstrated ability to assist people in need in its operating regions, including the American Red Cross, St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, United Way, Memphis Child Advocacy Center and Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Clarksville, Tenn.
The Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company Foundation
The Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company (SFNTC) Foundation is dedicated to helping preserve, promote and advance American Indian culture. Using dedicated funds from the sale of SFNTC tobacco products, the Foundation’s three primary objectives are:
- Development of Native American entrepreneurs;
- Facilitation of Native American education; and
- Preservation of Native American languages.